Hyper Casino: Is it worth playing at?
Hyper Casino offers a good selection of slots, like most of the competitors in its bracket. We were pleased to see Slingo games as well as a good selection of Megaways slots. Otherwise you’ll see most of the good providers you’d expect to see from an online casino of this caliber: NetEnt, PlaynGo, Evolution Gaming, Blueprint or SG Gaming among the more recognizable.
The design in itself didn’t stand out much. Hyper Casino features a minimalist black and yellow theme theme that’s fit for purpose. Nothing is really going to stand out, but on the other hand, there is something to be said about it not needed to. At least it doesn’t get in your way if you’re trying to play a few spins on a Thursday evening. Unfortunately we have to subtract some score here because it seems they took “mobile first design” to an extreme. The site is a lot more enjoyable to use on mobile, where things fall where they should, with the expected size, than on desktop, where things just feel out of place.
Hyper Casino starts off with a bog standard welcome offer of 100% up to 100€/£/$. However, unlike a lot of competitors, it follows this up with a bonus of 50% up to 200€/£/$.Together they manage to create a fine opportunity to decide whether they’re worth playing long term at.
After the welcome package it seems they’re banking on the “always on” 10% cashback offer, which isn’t bad, all other things considered. In addition, tournaments are featured from time to time which are easy to take part in. Usually the requirement is to get the biggest win, biggest multiplier etc. which doesn’t really interfere with the normal gameplay; it’s an additional chance to win some more.
In the end, we have to admit, we were missing a bit the gamification other brands (like Casumo, Rizk or Fruit Kings) bring to the table , just to spice things up a bit.
Understand these T&Cs before depositing
The first thing that stands out in Hyper Casino’s T&Cs is the fact that a significant amount of the terms are relative enough to provide “plausible deniability”. The normal explanation here is that they will only use the terms to void the winnings of “obviously exploiting players”. While it’s impossible to confirm or deny this, we think it’s useful for you to prepare for all situations.
- They reserve the right to charge a withdrawal fee (of unknown amount) at any point depending on how often you withdraw and how much. This can become a nuisance in case of a big win, especially coupled with the second point, which will practically force you to have a lot of withdrawals.
- You have a £5,000 maximum daily withdrawal and can only have one active withdrawal at a time. Together these create a cumbersome withdrawal process in the case of a big win.
- Their cashback bonus has a term that says they can reject and perma-ban you from the offer if they find you’re playing “strategic”. Considering how blurry that term is and how easy anything can become “strategic”, it does make us a bit weary of how often this bonus can get denied.
- You can’t play Live Casino games as long as you have a bonus on the account. This can become an inconvenience when you take a bonus by accident or receive a bonus you didn’t expect (or want).
Other “annoying, but not critical” limitations
Surprisingly we didn’t have that many comments here. Sure, you’ll encounter a few other limitations that are standard by now.
- no bonuses given for e-wallet deposits,
- maximum bet of 5€/£/$ as long as bonus is active,
- at 45 x the wagering requirement is on the higher end of the spectrum,
- a small set of slot games are excluded from contributing to bonus wagering requirements; all the usual suspects are there: Dead or Alive, Blood Suckers, King of Chicago, Wish Master etc. Even with that in mind, we were happy to see the simplicity here, since a number of other online casinos will have variable wagering contributions in addition to this list.
All in all, Hyper Casino offers a solid casino experience and is a respectable online casino that we would recommend. Even if we spotted a few issues, they are not major enough. Give it a try here to see if it’s the right one for you!